There are professionals to assist you in making sound decisions. Whether you are already working with professionals to handle your financial matters, it is a good idea to always do a financial check-up. Just like doing a review of your credit report frequently, it is as equally important to review your financial affairs regularly.
When looking for a personal banker, financial advisor, estate planner and possibly a life planning advisor or legal counsel follow these simple steps. Even if you are receiving the person as a lead from a friend or trusted colleague it is still key to perform your due diligence when seeking all or some of these services.
Here are the simple steps:
1. Research their online status and reviews/ranking
2. Investigate their reputation and brand within social media
3. Verify their online status with the Better Business Bureau
4. Check their length in business and other people within their organization
5. Ask if they are willing to share references for current client feedback
6. Check out their success rate and customer analytics for engagement
7. Seek a second opinion or even a third to ensure you are comfortable with you outcomes – Gut feelings are real – Also, do your research
8. Build a relationship and trust – Do not put all your eggs in one basket – make wise choices and move slow to make decisions and choices that suit your needs and expected outcomes, not the advisor
One example of seeking information when doing your research for a financial advisor is BrokerCheck; they help you make informed choices about brokers and brokerage firms and provides easy access to investment adviser information. These services exist for many professional services and are very easy to perform, right at your fingertips!
We also found a few articles for your reading pleasure. We believe they cover many of the points when looking at finances and how to proceed. We have also included one on financial literacy for students.
The Tipping Point of Financial Wellness Looks Like This
American Students Lack Financial Knowledge and Skills
Personal Finance Is A Lot Like Relationships
This blog brought to you by the Team at Meliora! Let us explore a wellness 'plan of action' that’s right for your company; we will assist with each step of building the concept to implementation; we work hands-on to find solutions to the following questions:
Why do we need a wellness plan?
How ‘well’ is our employee population?
How do we increase employee engagement?
Have we asked our employees for their input?
How were healthcare cost affected by our employee's health issues last year?
What were our overall absenteeism rates? And, how did this affect productivity?
Put our imagination, passion, innovation and creation to work for your company today - Call Bill Johnston at 817-546-2953 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Help You Engage Your Employees - Meliora - In Pursuit of Better