Yesterday we shared the importance of a good night’s sleep. Today, we will cover the importance of preparing for each day the night before to ensure uninterrupted sleep; knowing you are ready for tomorrow. Go to sleep with a game plan for tomorrow; it’s essential to your daily productivity.
The following suggestions can save you time from running around and always hurrying to complete a task. Planning will decrease stress and allow more time for you to do something for yourself. Make a broader list for the week, review the list each day, assign task where they belong. Add items such as errands, grocery shopping, filling your car up with gas, paying bills, making appointments, phone calls and non-work related activities.
Try to shop from a list to avoid buying last minute items or planning meals on to go. Ensure others that may be affected by your schedule are aware of plans; they might assist with the small tasks or fit something extra into their schedule. It’s OK to ask for assistance. These items may assist in the flow of your day.
Review the following, to put tomorrow in order:
- Enjoy an activity to help you unwind from the day
- Prepare your schedule for the next day
- Write down to-do list, errands, meetings, phone calls, drive times
- Make a note of the name and phone numbers for calls to complete
- Plan for your daytime and evening meals and snacks, and pack lunch if needed
- Layout your articles of clothing desired
- Prepare the essentials you will need: keys, phone, computer, coat, dry cleaning or any other such items
Now, Relax! You are ready for tomorrow, and all set to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep. In the morning, review your day and adjust (if necessary). Take charge of the day - note expected outcomes. In the evening, go through the current day’s activities and add incomplete items to your ongoing list. Repeat each evening, before you know you will form a habit that will save time and reduce stress – morning, noon and night!
Thanks for joining us on this journey of wellness and self-awareness. Here’s to 2017 being prosperous and good for you! Experience the Meliora difference; experience our pursuit of better.
Visit us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/meliora-technology-llc